[Verifpal] PKE_ENC is broken

Nadim Kobeissi nadim at symbolic.software
Fri Dec 11 14:45:31 CET 2020

Dear Mike,

It seems that Angèle is correct and that this does not appear to be a bug. When encrypting using AEAD_ENC or ENC, you are using PK as the secret key in a symmetric cipher. However, PKE_ENC is “public key encryption (“PKE”)”, which means that decryption would only be possible using K, not PK.

If principal I leaks the value K, you will see that the confidentiality query is immediately contradicted.