[Verifpal] generating sequence diagrams?

Nadim Kobeissi nadim at symbolic.software
Mon Apr 27 17:39:21 CEST 2020

Dear Marko,

You are most likely inputting an invalid Verifpal model. If you try to
visualize for example simple.vp, I bet it will work:
https://source.symbolic.software/verifpal/verifpal/-/blob/master/examples/simple.vp

I just pushed an update to the Visual Studio Code extension, version 1.0.4,
that will give more clear errors when the user attempts to either visualize
or analyze an invalid model.

Also, please make sure Verifpal is installed on your computer and that it
is detected by Visual Studio Code through your PATH. If it's not, you can
set the path to the Verifpal manually using the `verifpal.path` option in
your Visual Studio Code user settings file.

(You can easily test whether Verifpal is recognized by Visual Studio Code
by opening simple.vp, hovering your cursor over a constant and checking
whether Visual Studio Code correctly maps it back to its values in the
hover popup, or by attempting to generate a diagram of simple.vp, etc. etc.)

Sent from office