[Verifpal] [ANNOUNCE] Verifpal v0.10.3

Symbolic Software Drone drone at drone.symbolic.software
Wed Feb 5 15:48:50 CET 2020

Hello,

Verifpal v0.10.3 is now available. Verifpal updates bring new features, performance improvements and/or bug fixes.

In this release, we continue the 0.10.x trend of focusing on a more comprehensive analysis. 0.10.2 improved the scope of the analysis by allowing HKDF values to be mutated by the attacker, but this introduced an enormous state space explosion overhead. In 0.10.3, we improve the heuristics used by Verifpal in order to attempt to reduce the potential for state space explosion and keep analysis fast/actually terminating. Heuristic improvements come at the risk of reduced analysis completeness, something which we will need to continue to evaluate as Verifpal grows.

Check out the list of changes in Verifpal v0.10.3, and download pre-compiled binary builds, here:
https://source.symbolic.software/verifpal/verifpal/releases

Pre-compiled builds are provided for Windows, Linux, macOS and FreeBSD in x86, amd64 and arm64 variants.

If you have installed Verifpal via the Scoop package manager for Windows, simply run the following commands to update to Verifpal v0.10.3:
scoop update
scoop update verifpal

If you have installed Verifpal via the Homebrew package manager on Linux and macOS, simply run the following commands to update to Verifpal v0.10.3:
brew update
brew upgrade verifpal

Installing Verifpal via Scoop or Homebrew is the recommended method. If you have installed Verifpal otherwise, consider switching to Scoop or Homebrew. Instructions on how to do so are available at https://verifpal.com/software.

To receive more information about Verifpal, please visit https://verifpal.com.

Thank you,
Symbolic Software Drone